Li Jin, Ph.D.
Ph.D, Instructional Systems, Florida State University FL 2012
Major: Instructional Design
Minor: Measurement and Statistics (Earned Certificate on Measurement and Statistics)
Master of Education, Instructional Technology, Kent State University, OH, 2008
Bachelor of Science, Physics, Beijing Normal University, Beijing
- Instructional design using innovative technologies
- Measurement of educational outcomes
- Evaluation of instructions and programs
- Quantitative methodology for educational assessment and measurement
- Professional development
- Using of technology to improve access to education for non-traditional learners
Publications (Journal and Book Chapter)
1. Jin, L. & Jeong, A. (2013). Learning Achieved In Structured Online Debates: Levels of Learning and Types of Postings. Instructional Science. (Accepted for publication on Dec, 2012).
2. Darabi, A. & Jin, L. (2013). Improving the quality of online discussion: the effects of strategies designed based on cognitive load theory principles. Distance Education, 34(1).
3. Jin, L. & Ingram, A. (2008). Constructing online conversation to support learning. In R. Luppicini (Ed.) Handbook of Conversation Design for Instruction, 218-234. Hershey: Idea Group Publishing.
Publications (Conference Proceeding)
1. Darabi, A. & Jin, L. (2013). Quality of Online Discussion and Learners’ Cognitive Load. In Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2013 (pp. 1932-1939). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
2. Jin, L. & Jeong, A. (2011). Learning achieved in structured online debates: Levels of learning and types of postings. Proceedings of 2011 AECT International Convention, Jacksonville, Fl.
3. Jin, L., Kim, Y., McGhee, M., & Reiser, R. (2011). Statistical reasoning skill and attitude: The effects of worked examples. Proceedings of 2011 AECT International Convention, Jacksonville, Fl.
4. Jin, L., Darabi, A., & Cornille, T. (2009). Using CLT-based online discussion strategies to facilitate higher-level learning . Proceedings of 2009 AECT International Convention.