Graduate Assistant Positions
CEHS often has graduate assistant positions available to our graduate students. There are many benefits to obtaining a graduate assistantship position, including work experience in your field of study to add to your professional resume, mentorships with our knowledgeable faculty to enrich your study, and university tuition waivers.
Available CEHS Graduate Assistantship positions:
Graduate Assistantships - Child Development and Family Studies
August 2019 - May 2020
- Applicants should have background knowledge in child development and family studies or related areas.
- Applicants should be skilled in working with students and faculty, knowledgeable on retrieving scholarly knowledge, able to manage undergraduate classes, reliable, able to meet deadlines, organized, and able to work in a self-directed manner.
Graduate students, with preference given to those in the Child Development and Family Studies major or the LSHD Ph.D.
A stipend for 9 months with tuition waivers for fall and spring semesters
Details of positions
- Position 1: Teaching CDFS 110 – Families Across the Life Span – one section each fall and spring semesters.
- Position 2: Teaching CDFS 110 – Families Across the Life Span – one section each fall and spring semesters.
- Position 3: Teaching CDFS 112 – Introduction to Marriage and Families – one section each fall and spring semesters.
- Position 4: CDFS support GA – provide program to support to CDFS faculty in both fall and spring semesters.
- Position 5: CDFS support GA – provide program to support to CDFS faculty in both fall and spring semesters.
- Position 6: CDFS 250 Research Methods support GA
How to Apply
May 5, 2019, or until positions are filled
If the position description requires that you submit a CEHS G.A. application, to be submitted to the Center for Student Success, please use the following download link: Download CEHS G.A. Application
Higher Education Administration G.A. Positions
Students in the Master of Arts in Higher Education with Student Affairs Specialization on-campus program are eligible for graduate assistantships within the WVU Student Affairs Office and its programs. View available positions.
Note to Faculty:
If you are a CEHS faculty member who would like to submit a G.A. position to advertise on this page, please fill out the online form available at the link below.
Programs that are hiring graduate assistants for are asked to use the sample
contract, letter, or checklist now available at the
WVU Graduate Education website. A sample evaluation form that can
be used at the end of each semester to assess and record the performance of graduate
assistants is also provided. Questions about graduate assistantships can be directed
to the Office of Graduate Education and Life, 304-293-7173,