CEHS Hall of Fame
The purpose of the West Virginia University College of Education and Human Services (CEHS) Hall of Fame and Distinguished Alumnus Award is to recognize and honor alumni and other individuals who have distinguished themselves in their chosen fields, disciplines, positions, and/or occupations. Nominees must illustrate leadership, as well as demonstrate a strong community commitment and West Virginia tie. Strong consideration is given to those who have demonstrated support of and/or service to the vision and mission of the WVU College of Education and Human Services.
Mission & Values Statement
Please see the CEHS Mission and Values page.
Method of Selection
The CEHS Hall of Fame Selection Committee Chair, in consultation with the Dean, annually determines the schedule and deadlines for the selection process.
The Selection Committee Consists of:
- Chair of the Selection Committee
- Member of the CEHS Visiting Committee, or his/her designee
- Member of the CEHS Alumni Board of Directors, or his/her designee
- CEHS Student, appointed by the HOF chair
- CEHS or WVU alumni or friend
- CEHS Development Officer (ex officio)
2017 CEHS Hall of Fame Selection Committee
- Matthew Campbell, Committee Chair
Assistant Professor, Secondary Mathematics Education, CEHS
- Shannon Fioravanti - Member, CEHS Visiting Committee
- Carol Muniz – Alumni, CEHS
- Emily Davis - Student, CEHS
- C. Sue Miles – Alumni, CEHS
Completed nominations are given to the selection committee. The selection committee will meet together as a group to consider all nominees and to make their selections. The criteria for selection listed below shall provide the primary guidance for their determinations.
Nominees who are not selected may have their materials considered the following year as long as the nominator provides a current resume by the deadline of the following year. Those not selected in the second year will not be considered again for three years.
All nominators will be contacted by the Dean's Office with regards to whether or not the nominee was selected.
Criteria for Selection - Hall of Fame
- Must have illustrated leadership and community commitment in their field or profession.
- Must have a clear West Virginia connection.
- Must have contributed in a significant way to the vision and mission of the College of Education and Human Services, as identified above in the "Mission Statement" section.
- Must be present to receive the award.
- No more than four people (including the Distinguished Alumnus) may be named to the Hall of Fame during any one academic year.
Criteria for Selection - Distinguished Alumnus
- Must have earned a degree from CEHS at least five years prior to the time of nomination.
- Must have contributed in a significant way to the vision and mission of the College of Education and Human Services as identified above in the "Mission Statement" section.
- Only one individual shall be named Distinguished Alumnus. That person shall be inducted into the Hall of Fame simultaneously.
- Current WVU Faculty and administrators, as well as current members of the CEHS Visiting Committee are not eligible for either the Distinguished Alumnus or Hall of Fame Award.
- Both residents and non-residents of the state are eligible for the award.
- Nominees for the CEHS Distinguished Alumnus Award must be graduates of the West Virginia University College of Education and Human Services (formerly the College of Human Resources and Education).
- Nominees for the CEHS Hall of Fame do not have to be graduates of CEHS or WVU; however, they do have to fulfill the criteria for selection.
- To insure permanent recognition, a plaque with the names of the Distinguished Alumnus and the members of the CEHS Hall of Fame will be mounted on the Wall of Recognition in Allen Hall.
- A gift commemorating the award is presented from the College to each recipient during an annual ceremony.
Nomination deadline for the 2018 CEHS Hall of Fame is June 30, 2018.
Nomination forms are available to complete online at the link below:
You can also pick up a paper copy of the form the CEHS Dean’s Office (802 Allen Hall, Evansdale Campus).
Call 304-293-5703 or e-mail CEHSadmin@mail.wvu.edu