Your research proposals may require a description of the research environment at West Virginia University—both a brief, general description and the specific resources that you will be using in your proposed work.
Attached here are a series of “boilerplate” descriptions of the research environment at WVU, including research resources, diversity initiatives, and general information about the institution. Keep in mind that the research environment section of your grant proposal must be tailored to your individual project; therefore, you should include the boilerplate description of the College of Education and Human Services, as well as that for your home department.
These descriptions are available in .PDF and Word Document formats and can be copied, pasted, and edited to suit the specifics of your grant proposal.
- West Virginia University ( PDF ) ( WORD )
- College of Education and Human Services ( PDF ) ( WORD )
- Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders ( PDF ) ( WORD )
- Department of Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling and Counseling Psychology ( PDF ) ( WORD )
- Department of Curriculum and Instruction/Literacy Studies ( PDF ) ( WORD )
- Department of Learning Sciences and Human Development ( PDF ) ( WORD )
- Department of Special Education ( PDF ) ( WORD )
WVU Institutional Data
West Virginia University is a Research University (High Research Activity), as classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
WVU is a public, land-grant institution founded in 1867.
WVU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of Colleges and Schools. Many WVU programs hold specialized accreditation.
The WVU Board of Governors is the governing body of WVU. The Higher Education Policy Commission in West Virginia is responsible for developing, establishing, and overseeing the implementation of a public policy agenda for the state’s four-year colleges and universities. James P. Clements is WVU’s 23rd president.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution.
West Virginia University
Office of Sponsored Programs, PO Box 6845, 886 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown WV, 26506-6845
Date Established: 1867
Annual Sponsored Award Volume: $175,000,000.00
Number of Employees: __ FTE
- Sen. Joe Manchin III
- Dist. 1 – Representative (U.S. Congress)
David McKinley http://mckinley.house.gov/#dialog