MISSION AND VISION
The current mission of the College of Education and Human Services acknowledges the diverse nature of its programs while continuing to adhere to its historic tradition of preparing educational professionals.
The mission of the College of Education and Human Services at West Virginia University is to:
- offer sound and accessible preprofessional and professional preparation at undergraduate and graduate levels,
- provide scholarly contributions, leadership, and service at state, national, and international levels,
- contribute to the instructional, intellectual, economic, social, and cultural diversity
missions of the University.
Through Human Services Programs and Professional Education Programs, we strive to:
- develop maximal potential of individuals and groups for learning, living, and working,
- enhance the emotional, intellectual, and adaptive capabilities of children and adults across the life span and in a variety of settings,
- promote life-long learning of capable, knowledgeable, caring professionals through initial, advanced, and continuing education,
- respect the dignity of each person and all cultures.
By 2020, the College of Education and Human Services will have made substantial contributions to West Virginia University’s land grant mission and national research prominence through leadership and scholarship in technology, teaching, and learning for all; individual and family development; community outreach; and the preparation of clinicians and education professionals.